Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cadbury chocs in Malaysia safe

Star: KUALA LUMPUR: Cadbury chocolates sold in Malaysia are safe for consumption.
There is no need to worry as the seven types of Made-in-Britain Cadbury chocolates cited for possible salmonella contamination are not sold in Malaysia.
Managing director of Cadbury Confectionary (M) Sdn Bhd Blair Sailes said the seven types of chocolates were recalled in Singapore, Britain and Ireland.
The seven types are 250g Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish; 250g Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel; 250g Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint; Cadbury Dairy Milk 8 chunk; 1kg Cadbury Dairy Milk; 105g Cadbury Dairy Milk Button Easter Egg; and Cadbury Freddo 10 pence.
“The Cadbury chocolates here are 100% safe. They are not affected at all by the salmonella contamination,” he said.
He said 90% of the Cadbury chocolates sold in the country were made locally using only local ingredients, while the other 10% were imported from Australia and New Zealand.
“None of the Cadbury chocolates here are imported from Britain,” he said yesterday.
Health Minister Datuk Chua Soi Lek had said his officers had been alerted to check on the chocolate products to ascertain whether any were imported from Britain.

No comments: